Monday, August 25, 2014

Welcome Back!

August 25, 2014

Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year. In this 8th grade Mathematics/Algebra course, you will be challenged, held to high expectations, and be asked to use higher order thinking skills daily. The approach of this course is non-traditional. You will be required to apply Mathematics outside of just the typical paper/pencil regimen. You will work in groups often and be required to create, invent, and aspire for more, just like the great Mathematicians that I know you are. My goal for you is that you not only learn mathematical concepts, but are able to apply them to real world experiences. 

As your teacher, I can tell you that I am very passionate about what I do , and I hope that as you leave my classroom each day, you are excited and confident about what you have learned and are eager for the next day! 


I believe in orderly chaos. I understand that in order to achieve the level of learning that I expect, there must be noise and movement happening daily, but the rules and guidelines must be followed at all times in order to prevent accidents.  


Lets make this a great year!





No comments:

Post a Comment